Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Have Exciting News


I have exciting news! After nearly 6 months since leaving the YMCA I have accepted a new position as the Executive Director of the Greater Golden Hill CDC. I am very excited about this new phase in my family's life and want to personally thank each of you for your support over the last few months.

It is the mission of The Greater Golden Hill Community Development Corporation to unify and empower the neighborhood’s residents, property owners and business people to bring about physical improvement while preserving the historic and unique character of the community and fostering cultural, educational and economic opportunities in order to improve the quality of life in Greater Golden Hill. I look forward to working with each of you in my new capacity especially if you live within the communities of Golden Hill, South Park, Brooklyn Heights, Orange Park, Morse, Seaman & Choates. Also please save the date for the Second Annual Gala Celebration of Greater Golden Hill: June 5, 2009! More information will follow once I get my feet wet!

It will be challenging work but a wonderful opportunity to put into practice what I learned at USD and in my previous positions. I will keep you all posted on my progress on occasion and hope that I can continue to count on your support.

My first day on the job will be March 2, 2009...

No comments: